jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years Jaguar Master, Land Rover Master, Aston Martin certified
19947836

THE BRAKES ARE STICKING (ALL 4) AFTER DRIVING..HIGHWAY..WHEELS

I HAVE IN MY SHOP A 2002 BENTLEY ARNAGE. THE BRAKES ARE STICKING (ALL 4) AFTER DRIVING FOR MORE THAN 45 MIN AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS. THE CAR SARTS TO SHAKE AND AFTER I PULLED IT IN THE SHOP ALL 4 WHEELS WERE HARD TO TURN. AFTER IT COOLED DOWN THEY MOVED FREELY. THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT CAME ON WHILE DRIVING AS WELL. I AM NOT A BENTLRY DEALER AND DO NOT HAVE THE SCANNER SO I CANT GET CODES, BUT WHEN THE CAR WAS AT BENTLEY THEY SAID THERE WERE NO CODES STORED AND COULD NOT DUPLICATE THE CONCERN. WE REPLACED REAR CALIPERS AND HOSES FROM A DIAGNOSIS THAT CAME FROM ANOTHER SHOP. BUT THE CUSTOMER CAME BACK SAYING THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING. PLEASE HELP....
The brake master cylinder on that car has problems where the seal flips over and doesn't allow the pressure to release. I would feel safe to say that you needto replace that and it will be fixed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that is our next step we figured that it is mechanical and not traction control related.so we are going to pull off the master cylinder and check for problems. thanks for ypur help...
Good luck and I think you've nailed it.