Master Class Auto
Master Class Auto, ASE - Master Auto Technician
Experience:  20+ years, full time experience. Specialize in Diagnostics & Electrical
13828642

2004 Hyundai Accent: scraping..not a clicking noise..front Left

My 2004 Hyundai Accent makes a scraping noise - not a "clicking noise" when I turn the wheel hard to the right. I only hear it from one wheel, and it is the front Left. It does not happen when driving straight, and also does not happen 100% of the time. Usually just when the car has recently been started (still pretty cold) and as I said, when turned hard in one direction.
Three months ago, I had the CV joints and boots replaced.
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Since this started after CV Job, I'm suspicious of Brake Rotor BACKING PLATES. One may have been slightly bent, just enough to contact rotor on occasion. This is not unusual after front end or brake work. Please check front caliper mounting hardware, backing plates and stuff like tie rod hardware/cotter pins as used/required. Make sure brake pads and anti-rattle clips are seated correctly as well.. Something may simply be dragging, or touching lightly, when wheel is turned. Because, when wheel is turned, the angle of knuckle chages too - just slightly. (camber roll/change) Best of luck!</p><p> </p><p>Master Class</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your insight. Should I take it to a brake professional or to a general mechanic that works with Hyundai vehicles?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the information! I still want to know if I should have my daughter take it to a brake specalist or to a general mechanic.

All the Best to you!

You're very welcome. I feel a general automotive repair shop that does a good deal of brake/front end work is best bet for you. Good Luck!

Master Class