Doctor Tim
Doctor Tim, Technician
Experience:  20 years in the auto repair industry
16612617

1987 Mazda 626 GT: Turbo..well maintained..26 mpg..cyl engine

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Mazda 626 GT Turbo that I use as a snow car. It has been well maintained and has many new parts, gets 26 MPG and its 5 speed 4-cyl engine is absolutely fast. BUT, for over 2 years, cannot get the car to start, no turnover, no click, just silence. All ignition parts have been replaced including the ignition key assembly and clutch switch. All computer hookups read well. My mechanic has started tracing the wire harnesses and replacing bad connectors etc. Can you talk w/ Eddie Visconti, my mechanic friend who is now becoming stumped. I will pay any fees. His email address is Visconti, Edward <[email protected]>. He can explain what he did to date and perhaps get a fresh perspective. I am looking to use this car in mid-Oct 2009. Thx for your help.
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Just because there is no click doesnt mean its not the starter. Since its been sitting for two years I dont know if rapping the starter with a hammer would work. But test your starter. Put power to it to make sure its working fine. Thanks Dan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It would be good if you contact Edward Visconti, my mechanic about this as he knows all that was tried, etc.(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Also, no offense, but the Experts website said 35 Mazda mechanics standing by. I asked specifically because of the knowledge they have about Mazdas. I was not contacted my a Mazda mechanic. Will you be equipped to run the string until these problems are fixed? (no start; no rear defroster)
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Have you fixed your car yet or are you still needing help[?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Danny: Before I pay anything, please contact Edward Visconti as per my notes. After speaking to him and running through w/ what has been done and then providing further advice, then I will pay. I had no idea that I had to pay for each response as is the case here. We can go on for weeks like this e.g., rap the starter; did it work, No, Ok try this, did it work, NO etc etc etc. Had I known that this was the way it works, I would not have tried this site. There just is no way that talking through me to Viosconti that this will wor. Only a give and take w/ Visconti will do. As it is, I am sure I did not give you all the details about what Visconti has done. Perhaps, If you could use this system to talk w/ Visconti directly and I pay frmthe answers, you two can rsolve this quicker. Your comment please.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
I will try to give him a buzz tomarrow.

Thanks Dan
Expert:  Doctor Tim replied 7 years ago.
Hi,since the other expert has Opted Out I will try to help you. The first thing is that we here on Just Answer can not contact your mechanic. For the problem you first must attempt to jump the starter with a direct connection . Make sure the key is in the run possition
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: My mechanic has already tried the direct jump to the starter and it worked..
My mechanic has already tried the direct jump to the starter and it worked.
Hi again. The mechanic needs to confirm power to the starter solenoid