danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

Removing Standard Transmission on 01/02 Hyundai Santa Fe FWD.

Customer Question

Removing Standard Transmission on 01/02 Hyundai Santa Fe FWD. Have all bolts remove but transmission refuses to come loose. What have I missed in the removal process?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Have you removed the bolts to the fly wheel? Should be an inspection hole to do so. manually crank to rotate bolts.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes all bolts to flywheel are removed.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Well a buddy of mine said it best when he was removeing a part off a customers car. The customer was watching. He said this would go alot faster if you wasnt watching lol. You might have to inch it from side to side and use some pry bars. You have told me you have everything removed so I feel like I shouldnt ask you to inspect to make sure all bolts have been removed. There are some posts that line you bell houseing up that are probably needing freed. Make sure you have good light and look close. Thanks Dan