brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Number 1 cylinder on my 04 Kia Amanti is misfiring I got a

Customer Question

Number 1 cylinder on my 04 Kia Amanti is misfiring I got a code of P0301 I cleared the code but still the engine is idling rough and I can tell it is not firing on all . My question- Is the number 1 cylinder located on the firewall side of the engine on the passenger side? question number two which coil pack fires the number one cylinder?. Is it the coil pack over the number two cylinder or which one? Please advise as to which one fires the number one. This car was fine until I got it back from the dealer on Friday. Is there a way I can test to see if it is the coil pack by switching coil packs or is there an easier method.Customer
Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

The number one cylinder is on the fire wall side of the engine.

The center coil fires the number one cylinder.

You can switch the coils around to see if the miss follows the coil for a test.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If the coil pack is not the problem what else could cause a misfire? I change the plugs and wires about two months ago.Customer
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

A plug or wire (unlikely as you just changed recently). An injector, or low compression.

If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB