Donny
Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998
8425921

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota. The blower motor for the heat-a/c

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota. The blower motor for the heat-a/c only runs on high. I've checked this on-line and the most common response is a fuse block in back of the glove box needs replacing. Before I start ripping apart my dash, could you give me some help in this matter? Thank you very much. Bob L
Submitted: 4 years ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Donny replied 4 years ago.

Hello

Like you said the most likely reason for this is that the blower motor resistor needs to be replaced, it is located on the bottom of the heater box near the blower motor and held in by two screws, the electrical connector may have a lock built into it, you will need to slide the red tab back to unlock it if it has it and then squeeze the tab and pull the connector out of the resistor block

The blower motor resistor is mounted to the bottom side of the HVAC housing near the blower motor. It can be accessed for service from underneath the instrument panel.

• Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  • Reach under the instrument panel near the blower motor and disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor resistor
  • Remove the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor to the bottom of the HVAC housing and remove the resistor.
  •  

• Position the blower motor resistor into the HVAC housing.
  • Install the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws
  • Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor resistor.
  • Reconnect the negative battery cable.
  •  

I hope that this helps you

Thank you

Donny

1 - SCREW (2)
    2 - WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR
    3 - HVAC HOUSING
    4 - BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR
    5 - BLOWER MOTOR

Donny, ASE Certified Technician
    Experience: A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Donny,

Thanks for the info!

Was so glad to know that I didn't have to tear apart the dash!

Hope I don't need you in the future but if I do, I'm glad you're there.

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  Donny replied 4 years ago.

Hi

You are very welcome

If you need any thing else just let me know

Thank you

Donny