Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The battery does not get recharged while driving and the new altenator

the battery does not get recharged while driving and the new altenator did not correct the problem
Hi,how are you,on these vehicles there is a problem with the wiring harness that leads to alternator,also there is a fusible link located on the wire not easy to see though,check the voltage coming off the harness,hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Mike, Thanks for answering. Money has been extremely tight and charging the battery twice a day for two months has been a hassle. My brother is a MB tech but Dodge are a nightmare for him so I thought I'd get him some help. He's in another city so it's not like I can ask him any questions for you.... but he did put a voltage checker on the battery and other places (Don't know where exactly) and the reading was about10 and just under the OK.

I thank you for your advise and i would like to accept it. Is there any other possibility in case the wiring harness is in good shape?

That is what i am leaning towards,but other options are bad grounds,any fuses or relays that are related,hope this helps.