Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Bearing..hood..pulley..the AC blows cold on the passenger side but not

I own a '00 C5 with the automatic dual climate controls. When I turn the AC on I get: a "bad bearing" sound from under the hood, (shot AC pulley? belt looks ok and has tension); the AC blows cold on the passenger side but not the driver's; the external air temp reads like 54 degrees when it's 95 outside.
Checked the 99-HVAC diagnostic which read "NO CODES". Went thru the actuator reset sequence and still no change. Oh yeah, I moved from CT to MS gulf coast this spring - beaucoup hot down here! Outside air temp read up to 105 and AC runs most of the time. Looking for some help here.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi how are you,from what you are describing the ac clutch is going out on the compressor,the compressor will still spin as normal until clutch goes out.I live in miss also and in the summer i replace compressors weekly here,hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Mike,

You're saying that if I replace the ac compressor ALL those problems will disappear?Undecided

Yes,in my opinion i believe the ac compressor is your culprit.