Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2002 Hyundai Elantra: signal lights..map..box under..hood

Customer Question

where is the relay switch for the signal lights on a 2002 Hyundai Elantra? I can't find it using the map on the relay switch box under the hood.
Thx.
- seeking it because my marker lights remain on after my car is off, and it kills my battery. Removed fuse and didn't turn off.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi how are you, i beleive on these cars it is located under the driver side dash towards the left and back of dash.Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know where the relay box is - but can't find the specific one for this problem. This is not what I was looking for.

I know the relay box is under the hood,i'm saying there are relays under the drivers dash not located in the relay box,i believe the one you are looking for is located there.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where under the driver's dash? I'm not seeing one.
It should be far under dash,it is the same relay as the flashers.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what does it look like? You'll need to be more specific.
Sorry,it is a black relay,the flasher blinker unit is behind the left side of the dash,you may be able to access it without removing the left lower dash panel,but it is hard to see.If you find that you do need to remove dash panel here are the steps. #1 pry off the cover on left end of dash. #2 remove the four Phillips screws holding the left lower dash panel in place.#3 pull the panel off snapping loose at the top. # XXXXX the four 10 mm bolts holding the brace in place and remove brace,and then there will be a clear view.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK - I'll give it a shot. Thanks
Ok,good luck,thank you.