the fixxer
the fixxer, Mechanic
Experience:  25 years of work experience in gas and diesel repairs

My vehicle..My Transmission..radiator coolant..transmission fluid

My vehicle (Holden Jackeroo 92) was observed with a red/pink coloured fluid venting under pressure into the engine bay weeks after a radiator replacement. The installers were not able to determine the cause. My Transmission specialist diagnosed the problem as a failure of the Radiator which admitted radiator coolant into the transmission via a feature in the radiator through which transmission fluid is passed. This resulted in damage to the Transmission system. Does this seem likely?
Category: Car
Expert:  the fixxer replied 7 years ago.
Trans pressure higher than coolant pressure.But a large enough crack in the trans cooler could let coolant flow back into the trans after sitting all night.
If trans fluid is also pink.Then yes,the coolant has flowed back into the trans.Coolant in the trans is not good.It has done damage to the bushings and bearings.
If the trans fluid is still good and red.Then chances are the trans is still ok.
Let me know.