danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

98 eclipse: calipers..master cylinder..brakes..pedal and no fluid leak

I have a 98 eclipse with break problems. the peddle dropped to the floor and has no pressure i bled all the calipers a few times then changed the master cylinder and bench bled that in the car . Now i cant get the brakes to bleed no pressure at the pedal and no fluid leak. i tried pulling a vacuum thinking there was just to much air in the line with no luck i can pull the vacuum but when i open the bleed valve on a caliper i loose all vacuum any suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

Is it a used master cylinder? It sounds like you didnt bleed the master cylnder right Make sure the break lines connected are not sucking air when you bench bleed .

Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its a refurb master. I didnt have the brakes connected the master came with little plastic ends that screwed into the openings where the break lines go the master and plastic hoses that to to the res. I bled till i got 0 air bubbles but i could try again. A guy at the auto parts store said that the break pedal wont work to bench bleed i dont see why though. I was using the Mighty Vac to try to pull a vaccum i thought that would atleast do something but it wont even pull a little fluid out.