danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

2002 v w jetta gls wont go in reverseif the a/c is on

2002 v w jetta gls won't go in reverseif the a/c is on
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
automatic or stick and can you give as much info as possible
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AUTOMATIC
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
With out anymore info its hard to answer. I am going to refer you to vanagon man his name is Kevin. He may have come across this. But I would ask the salesman how he knew?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It wasn't a salesman it's just a private sale the woman i'm buying the car from said she drove it to the store one day and when she tried to back up it wouldn't go she was going to call a tow truck . she said she turned the a/c off and when she tried it it went into gear
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
If the idle is to high with the ac on it might not go in reverse. Other than that follow your linkage on the transmission and see if you are bound up anywhere. Now your cable for you gear shift selector may be hitting something in back of the dash when the ac is on.