Auto Go
Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Certified Undercar Specialist, ASE Advanced Engine Performance Certified.

93 Dodge Shadow: me while driving home from work..warning

I have a 93 Dodge Shadow. It just died on me while driving home from work. No warning whatsoever.Put in a new coil, still no spark.Any ideas?
have you verified that the distributor is turning? what engine do you have in your shadow?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No...haven't looked at the distributer yet. Will the auto shutdown relay cause no spark if bad also? Engine is 2.5
the first things to check is if the distributor is turning when you crank the engine. unplug the ignition coil, remove the distributor cap and crank the engine. note if the rotor is turning. is it? and yes the ASD relay can cause this.
if it is turning, check for 8 to 9.5 volts on the orange wire at the distributor with a digital volt meter. is that voltage there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No it is not turning...does that mean the timing belt is bad?
yes sir it does! replace the timing belt and you should be good to go!

If I've helped you solve your problem, please press accept!! If you need more help please don't hesitate to ask! thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much! My boyfriend can hardly wait to fix it!! Hahaha!!!!! You have been a great help! Have a good night!