Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2000 infiniti G20 4 cylinder 2.0 L with 162,000 miles.
I purchased the car recently. It had no spark. A service mechanic stated it needed a new distributor. I purchased a used one and replaced it. I now have spark, but no injector pulse. I had a locksmith come over and check the programming of the key transponder and it looks OK. So I have been looking at the wiring and cannot find any bad connections or breaks. I checked it with a noid light and no flash nor is it on all of the time. I checked the wiring to 2 of the injectors and have 12 V at one side. I sprayed gas into the throttle body and it runs well for a few seconds. I even swapped engine computor. It made no difference. I put the original back. When I contacted the seller of the used distributor he stated that I bought a core and it may need rebuilding. So I am wondering if the distributor is still my problem or do you have other things I should look at?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
I am not familiar with this vehicle so I will send your information to the other experts for help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you,