Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

2002 ford mustang GT codes p1131 and p1151 manufacturer

Customer Question

2002 ford mustang GT
codes p1131 and p1151 = manufacturer control air fuel metering.
What is this and how do I fix it
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

Those codes are for both front oxygen sensors lean. This may be due to two lazy sensors but I would check for a vacuum leak or exhaust leak before the sensors. Look at the PCV tube to see if it's leaking. Also what you can do is spray some carb cleaner around the intake and vacuum lines listening and feeling for a change in engine rpm. If you feel a change then you found a leak. Also if the scan tool used to read the codes can read pids or live data see if you can monitor the oxygen sensors and long/short term fuel trims as this will show us how the engine is running and what the PCM is seeing/commanding.