Dean
Dean, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician
1783241

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor: leaking..the drivers side floorboard..stays

Water is leaking in to the driver's side floorboard of my 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor. It happens all the time(even when it is completely dry outside). It stays soaked. Firestone checked the A/C drain tube and cleared it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dean replied 7 years ago.
Turn your a/c on while the vehicle is running and sitting still. Look underneath and see if you see water dripping onto the ground. If not then your a/c drain is clogged up again. Sometimes when you clear these they will clog right back up if there is a lot of dirt around the drain hole. The only other thing that would leak inside would be your heater core and that would leak anti-freeze. It would have a distinct oder also. If it gets wet when it is completly dry outside it has to be one of these 2 items.

Thank You.... Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I checked after running the A/C and it drips steadily but not a lot. There is no odor to indicate a coolant leak. That would have been obvious.

Maybe there is a problem with the drain where it begins in the air conditioner?

Expert:  Dean replied 7 years ago.
the drain doesn't run far before it goes out the tube. I would get the drain cleaned out again. The tube that comes out is the only spot that it could get clogged or partly clogged. If it is hot out it should drip pretty rapidly and even more if it is humid.

Thank you and let me know if you have any further questions.