joe
joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed technician foreign and domestic
14074217

1998 Olds Bravada: cap, rotor & wires., cam sensor, EGR valve..coil

I've got a 1998 Olds Bravada, 4.3 & a code PO300. R+R the plugs, cap, rotor & wires., cam sensor, EGR valve & the coil. Still feel a surging above 2000 RPM at highway speeds. If driving at city speeds, it's fine and the computer resets itself. any idea's?

mostlikey the crank position sensor is acting up it will need checking, and check the torque convertor clutch solenoid, too. as this can also be the culprit. see possible causes below

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank's Joe, I will check them out.
very good,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Also if I am in park & accerlorate the engine, the motor starts to feel a little like it's breaking up around 2600 RPM like loosing spark or fuel. so no matter if I'm driving or siting there it still does it. cold or warmed up. I just put a new fuel pump and filter in the let go the other day. thought that may have been the problem when the pump died, but no.

yeah , I mean that couldve been the problem, most people wouldve done the same thing, at least you know you have that taken care of and will not have to worry about a pump for years to come, more than likely it wouldve came up in the near future anyway. excellent observation.

joe