Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  associates degree 9 years warranty

99 ford taurus: 3.o liter..tore off top end of motor.

99 ford taurus 3.o liter. sucked water in engine, thought valve droped? tore off top end of motor. Valves all there, I should say there is a loud knock in engine. when motor is turned over the front valves operate as they should. The rear however operate in this manner as pairs. @##**@ opening and closeing together. I am no expert ! but this can not be wright, can it?       thanks, DAN
Category: Car
Expert:  Trouble shooter 1 replied 7 years ago.
valves coul of bent when it suck water into engine pressure from piston compresinng water and vlves opening could of cuased bent valves veh should of been shut off and towed in pan dropped
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
daughter's car. can'tbe with them at all times. Car was trailered to resedence, damage already done. What about the valves?
the valves could of bent my father has a 1999 sbale same issue luckily it did not bend vlaves is it dohc engine
if water got into the enigne check the trans fluid aswell if over full water got iin it aswell
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
single ohc. The car was run through puddle (pond)in street and was limped to parking lot less than block. motor runs but has sevier knock. Could bent valves cause the knock?
could of been piston damage the connecting rod could of bent slightly from the hydrolock and every time it compresses hit sylinder wall probaly cheaper to replace with used engine
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think that I will asemble the top end and pull off the pan to check rods. Thank you for your advice. The bent rod was my first thaught and second guessed. thanks!
no need to reassemble top end yet just pull pan and see what you can verify before putting more work into it