ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

2002 mitsubishi montero sport: service manual diagrams and pointers

Customer Question

I need service manual diagrams and pointers on how to change the alternator belt on my 2002 mitsubishi montero sport.
Category: Car
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 7 years ago.
Hi, thanks for asking.
Here is the one for the Alternator.. It is a tensioner, loosen the nut at the pulley, and then there is a long bolt that you turn to loosen the tensioner from the belt.
graphic

The power steering and AC belts are similar.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I see the tensioner, but what else will i have to remove to access this belt (do i need to take the radiator out)? The cooling fan is in very close proximity

Oh, Hi sorry for taking so long to get back to the computer.

Anyways, if you still need help with changing the belt on your Montero...
It is a tight fit, but you hasve to get the other 2 belts off,, before getting the alternastor belt out of there. You can fold the belts in and out of where they need to be fairly easily..

To get to the one on the bottom, You might have to remove a skid plate, if your truck has one.. vbut those are normally only on the 4x4s.