Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  associates degree 9 years warranty

2001 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT XLS needs radio code the serial

Customer Question

2001 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT XLS needs radio code the serial number is XXXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Trouble shooter 1 replied 4 years ago.
Leave the radio on for one hour and the radio will reset. Works on all locked Mitsubishi radios.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
after i have did what you said it reset but could not display anything accept off, later it requested for code again i need the code for the vehicle
Procedure For Input of Security Code For Anti-Theft System

The radio and CD player do not work under the following conditions:
Power supply to the radio and CD player has been suspended for more than an hour continuously by removing the cable from the battery terminal or disconnecting the harness connectors. The power supply to the radio and CD player has been suspended for more than an hour due to a blown fuse or discharged battery.

If the radio and CD player does not work for these conditions, enter the security code as follows:
The radio and CD player has been replaced.

Confirm the security code using any of the following methods.

Use the security code indicated on the cards retained in the vehicle.

If the security code is unknown owing to the owner's loss of the card:
Remove the radio and CD player.
Read the serial number stamped on the radio and CD player.
Look up the security code (anti-theft code table) corresponding to the serial number.

When the radio and CD player is replaced: Use the security code on the cards attached to the upper surface of the replacement radio and CD player. NOTE: Deliver the two cards to the owner
Connect the radio to the vehicle harness.
Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" or "ON" position.

Press the "PWR" button, and "CODE" will be displayed.

Press number 1 through number 4 memory select button to set the four-digit security code shown on the card. Every time each digit key is pressed, the figure changes as follows: 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 8 to 7 to 8 to 9 to 0
Press the "CD" button, and a beep will be heard. If entered correctly, the radio and tape player will work.
If the security code is not accepted, "1Err" is displayed. In a few seconds, it will change to "CODE." Then repeat steps 5 and 6. NOTE:
The anti-theft system will allow three attempts maximum to in put the correct code.
The second error is displayed as "2 Err", When the third error is made, "3 Err" is displayed and then the display changes to "OFF" If this should occur, the unfit will not work any more.
To input the security code again, turn the ignition switch to the "ACC" or "ON" position and wait for one hour when "OFF" is displayed. After "OFF" disappears on the display and changes into "CODE" the security code can be input again.

Five-minute operation mode
To facilitate replacement or check, the radio and CD player can be operated for five minutes without inputting the security code.

Press the "PWR" button and number 5 memory select button together to operate the radio and CD player.
In five minutes the unit will not be able to work, and "CODE" will be displayed to indicate that the security code can input again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>can i have the code</p><p> </p>
thereshould a label on your audio unit
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>the radio needs code, so if you can get me the code, i will appreciate it.thanks</p>
did you remover your radio to get the information off the label