joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed technician foreign and domestic

Kia sorento: first thing..10 to 15 mins then I go to restart the car

Customer Question

I have a Kia Sorrento 2005. On starting it first thing in the morning there is no problem. If I go to the supermarket and am only there for 10 to 15 mins then I go to restart the car still there is no proble. If I park the car for about an hour or two and then restart it the engine truns over and starts but unless I rev the engine it can cut out. It does eventually restart. This problem does not allways happen. I have taken it to a couple of garages and let it lie for a couple of hours they have then started it and the problem does not occur. It is so fustrating. Also the fan for the air conditioning has suddenly stopped working on slow and medium speeds and only cuts in when it is on full. Help !!
Category: Car
Expert:  joe replied 7 years ago.

hi julietee, mostlikely the cause for the intermittent starting problem, is mostlikey the idle air control valve, this allows the car to remain started by letting air into the combustion chamber when your foot comes off of the gas pedal, as far as the a/c fan I think you may need to have the blower motor resistor, replaced as this is the most common problem with a/c fans

anything else please let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Both of these remedies have been tried and it is neither of them.

Regards Julie

Expert:  joe replied 7 years ago.
ok julie i will opt out and refer you to another expert
Expert:  joe replied 7 years ago.

hi julie, i spoke with another expert, and we have come to the conclusion that you mostlikey have fuel problem, when the vehicle acts up like you say, you will need someone to test for fuel pressure, mostlikey, a fuel pressure regulator, or the pump itself.