Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  associates degree 9 years warranty
15809332

Saab: 3.0l..The car broke a crank sprocket key and bent some valves

Customer Question

01 Saab 9-5, 3.0l with a p1530 code, reset that light and then just a p1230 comes on. The car broke a crank sprocket key and bent some valves. One head was removed and machined and reinstalled. It ran before the head repair, now it's slow to start and idles sort of rough for a few seconds and then shuts off with a p1230 code. I replaced the Throttle body and it runs the same. I removed the ecu and checked it for burnt spots or electrical burn smells. It all looked good. Still maybe it's a bad Ecu? Would a timing belt a tooth off set that code? Or what else would set those codes. When I key off and then key on it almost instantly sets the check engine code p1230 and starts the throttle body series of clicks to set it into limp home mode. What faulty part could set the check engine code p1230 that fast? Any ideas please!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Trouble shooter 1 replied 7 years ago.
fuel pump contro circuit malfunction check your fuel pressue may just be the fuel pump
clean you throttle bod yreally really good may fix issue
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's got good fuel pressure and I tried a newly rebuild throttle body :( still the same symptoms
check injetors with test light
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Could a bad injector cause these codes? I will get a light tomorrow and check them and report back!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
injectors are not getting a signal. what sends a signal to the injectors?