Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 olds silhouette: the driver power window..van..runs fine

the driver power window on my 2000 olds silhouette van doesn't work right. The motor runs fine, but the window gets stuck or goes up (or down) crooked. What do I need to replace and what is the part number?
This means your window regulator assembly needs to be replaced. Part number is XXXXX and its costs $630. Go to www.car-parts.com and buy it used, this will save alot of money. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is this a project I can do at home? Any pitfalls to watch for as I remove the door panel?

This job requires a special tool for the spring and it is only 1.5 hours labor at a dealership, this is what I would recommend. If you can find the tool you could do it yourself, but that may not be to easy to find. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic