Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  associates degree 9 years warranty

91 buick lesabre: alternater..started cutting out and bucking..mile

Customer Question

i replaced the alternater and after two days of driving fairly far in the heat, my 91 buick lesabre started cutting out and bucking. i managed to frive about a mile more to my house. the problem seems to be heat related. the coolant reservoir is full. can you help me?
Category: Car
Expert:  Trouble shooter 1 replied 7 years ago.
did it over heat
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my car misses and bucks after driving in the heat for about an hour. a few days ago it did the same thing and since the battery was dead, i replaced the alternater. the car had no problems for two days, but i didn't drive very far. therefore, i think that the problem is heat related, but it might not be.
you could have trans problem and once the trans warms up it malfunctions are ther any lights on the dash on
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the only dash light that is on is, service engine soon. ny mechanic told me not worry, it was a problem with the light. it's been on for at least 2 trouble free years except the time i had to get a rebuilt transmission installed.
t is probaly a issue with the trans you put n