SHAREREPAIR
SHAREREPAIR, ASE CERTIFIED MASTER AUTO TECH.
Experience:  22 YRS. GENERAL AUTO REPAIR KNOWLEDGE
19682432

1989 f150: 5.8L..the spark plug order and firing order..swap

1989 f150, firing order for a 5.8L 351, engine is now replaced by a 5.0L HO 302, need to know the spark plug order and firing order to make the swap work with the 5.8L EFI
Category: Car
Expert:  SHAREREPAIR replied 5 years ago.
Hi mckee, not sure what you're asking for, I can give you both the firing orders, and both cylinder numbers, and both rotation of distributors w/ corrosponding cap positions. will this help you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i think that might help, i was told that the 351, 5.8L engine and the 302 5.0L HO engine had the same cam shafts, and should have the same firing order, but i need to know what that was exactly, so as to make the switch from the 5.8L to the 302 HO using the same parts with the exception of the mane block and a few other engine specific parts

thank you,

mckee
is the 302 from 89 also? and is it a HO SEFI?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is an 87 HO 302 roller cam crate engine, and the last fuel system i had on it was a carb, but yes i would like the orders and cap positions please

Here is all the info you need;

Both of these apply from 1968--1992

HO 302, 351, 400, engines---firing order 1,3,7,2,6,5,4,8 counterclockwise with #1 on the cap at the 1-oclock position in front of the radiator.

Non HO 302, 351, 400 engines---firing order 1,5,4,2,6,3,7,8 also counterclockwise With #1 on cap in the same position as above.

cylinder ID and arrangement are the same for both situations

R/S (passenger side) cylinders from front to rear 1,2,3,4,

L/S (driver side) cylinders from front to rear 5,6,7,8,

This is all stock of course.

Hope this helps. Good luck,

Bill

Experience: 22 YRS. GENERAL AUTO REPAIR KNOWLEDGE