Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2001 kia sportage: 4wd..4dr..change oil..oil pan gasket

2001 kia sportage auto 4wd 4dr - how to change oil pan gasket or where to find how to change
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

this will help you

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Oil Pan

Removal & Installation

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
  2. Drain the engine oil.
  3. Remove or disconnect the following:

Negative battery cable 2 Top intake manifold bracket bolts Front 3 axle housing mounting bolts, 4WD only Left front bushing from the axle housing mount and lower the front axle housing Both gusset plates from the engine Transmission under cover Engine under cover Oil pan mounting bolts and using a scrapper tool separate the oil pan Oil pan Oil strainer assembly Oil baffle

4. Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Exploded view of the oil pan assembly mounting

To install:

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Tighten the oil pan bolts in sequence

1. Clean the engine block, oil pan and baffle pan surfaces of any gasket material.
  2. Apply a continuous bead of Loctite Ultra Blue 587® silicone sealant around the baffle pan.
  3. Install or connect the following:

Oil baffle. Torque the bolt to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm). Oil strainer. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm).
  4. Apply a continuous bead of Loctite Ultra Blue 587® silicone sealant around the oil pan.

Oil pan. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm). Transmission under cover. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm). Gusset plates to the engine. Torque the bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Engine under cover Front axle housing into position. When properly aligned, torque the bolts to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm). Intake manifold bracket bolts. Torque the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (65 Nm). Negative battery cable
  5. Fill the engine with clean oil.
  6. Start the vehicle and check for leaks, repair if necessary.

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section .
  2. Drain the engine oil.
  3. Remove or disconnect the following:

Click image to see an enlarged view

To install:

Click image to see an enlarged view

3. Install or connect the following:

Oil baffle. Torque the bolt to 84 inch lbs., (9.5 Nm). Oil strainer. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm).

5. Fill the engine with clean oil.

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
  2. Drain the engine oil.
  3. Remove or disconnect the following:

Click image to see an enlarged view

To install:

Click image to see an enlarged view

3. Install or connect the following:

Oil baffle. Torque the bolt to 84 inch lbs., (9.5 Nm) Oil strainer. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm)

Oil pan. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm) Transmission under cover. Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm) Gusset plates to the engine. Torque the bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm) Engine under cover Front axle housing into position. When properly aligned, torque the bolts to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) Intake manifold bracket bolts. Torque the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) Negative battery cable
  5. Fill the engine with clean oil.

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.