oliver, Technician
Experience:  schooled, trained, worked in industry for years. specialize in the odd issues

Heads on a 03 rangerover,car runs fine but I have two codes..p0011

Customer Question

Hi just replace heads on a 03 rangerover,car runs fine but I have two codes p0011 and p0021 would like your help in what I have to do              thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  oliver replied 7 years ago.
P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

P0021 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 2)

these codes are telling you that the camshft on bank one, should be driver side, is out of time. obviously not enough to make it not run, ut enough for the computer to pick it up. it must be retimed, replacement of timing belt/chain is also recommended, as looseness here will cause it... also check to make sure the camshaft position sensor is plugged in and there is no breaks in the wiring to it. it also possible the sensor failed during or after the installation process, so take the sensor to a mechanic so he can test it individually with a DVOM. but these codes usually come up when the timing is advanced slightly, and they come together like you have here, so i would unhook battery for five minutes to clear the codes and see if they come back. if they do not then that is all you needed, if they do then retime the camshft, it is out of time.