transman
transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair
14457476

Start unless..I spray starting fluid thru one..EGR valve..car starts

Customer Question

My car will not start unless I spray starting fluid thru one of the tubes going into the EGR valve, once I spray the fluid the car starts. What could be causing this?
Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  transman replied 7 years ago.
you have a fuel pump prblem can you check fuel presure?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Fuel pump is new, fuel preasure has been tested and is ok too. The car will crank but won't start until I spray starting fluid into one of the hoses that feed into the EGR valve. The it start and runs fine. This happens on occassions. Every time that I have taken the car to mechanics the dam thing will start everytime.
Expert:  transman replied 7 years ago.
okey this means the injectors are not opening to spray the fuel to fire up, you are loosing injector signal and its controlled by the ecm. do you know if there are any codes on the computer system and if not can you have a repair shop access the computer and get all the codes and let me know .