oliver, Technician
Experience:  schooled, trained, worked in industry for years. specialize in the odd issues

2007 kia optima: warning indicator..disconnected..dealership

2007 kia optima makes and sound like a warning indicator even when the battery is disconnected. What could this be? Recent had the motor in the front passenger seat replaced by kia dealership.
Category: Car
Expert:  oliver replied 7 years ago.
this is going to be an issue in the airbag system, it is connected to the seat and the buckle, inspect the wires under the seat for loose connections or a bad plug, DO NOT use a test light or volt meter on the wires, this could set off the airbag, also make sure noone, including yourself is around the airbags while doing this, just in case it happened to go off. the airbag system has its own poer supply for warnings and detonation of the system, so if recent work was done in this area, such as the seat replacement, its the place to start, let me know what you find...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just talk to my mom and today was the first ime anyone has ridden in the passenger seat since it was worked on. She also stated she smell a faint burning scent just before the noise started. I think that will do it. thanks.
Expert:  oliver replied 7 years ago.
the connection was done improperly, or the wrong plug was used, it needs to go back where it was serviced and they need to repair the issue immediatley, as the airbag system may not work in a crash now.