Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

my car just tick tick tick tick tick wont turn over

Hi there! That is normally the sign of a low battery. Try jump starting the car. If it takes a jump and starts, then you should have the battery tested. If it still won't start then there is a good possibility the starter has an issue. Based on the description, I would say there is a battery problem. Hope this helps! Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

bran new battiery about a month ago and also a new starter a month ago

i left the jump cables on the care with my truck running about 20 min and still wouldnt turn over

OK, I would then suggest that you check the connections on the starter. If they are good, then I would check and make sure the engine will turn over by hand. If the a/c compressor is locked up or something it still may not be able to crank the engine over.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

how wpuld i turn it on by hand. some one told me the voltage regulater ??

damit i just had the new battiery and new starter put in and i dont know were tghe starter is im screwed

It could be the voltage regulator if it isn't charging the battery like it should. The car should turn over with a jump if it is just a weak battery though
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

but its not my alternater??? i hope not

is the voltage regulater costly to fix. i wish i could do it my self. were on the cart would it be.. sucks caus battery is under everything so i cant just pay in there

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
now that ive tried it a few times with out jumper cables it just wont do anything at all wont even tick
There is little doublt in my mind that the battery is the problem here. Thge thing is there should be some change when you hit it with the jumper cable.The voltage regulator is part of the alternator. It is possible that the battery is just so worn out that it will need to be removed and recharged.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yea if i jave jumpers on it ticks when i take jumpers off it does nothing

basicly i should just have it towed and let them rap me how they see fit

Well, It is looking that way, but don't let them charge you for something they have already done. As for turning the engine over by hand. If you can get to the crankshaft bolt, you can put a sockect and ratchet on it and try to get the engine to turn.