OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic
A new question is answered every 9 seconds I need to replace oxygen sensor Bank 2 sensor 1.

The mechanic told me that there were too many codes coming out of the pcm for him to give them to me. They also told me I need to replace oxygen sensor Bank 2 sensor 1.
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-What size engine is in your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My car is a 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 6l
Thank you.

Your best bet is to take the car to a parts store (autozone or advaned) ask for an OBDII scan and have them reset the light. The scan will give you all the code and it's free. Replace O2 sensor Bank2 Sensor 1 (Passanger side front o2 sensor) then wait for the check engine light to come back. Once the light comes back go and have the OBDII scan do and find out what the codes are.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If the PCM needs replacing (per my original question) are they going to get valid codes and if the PCM needs replacing, shouldn't my car not start!
Just because there are a lot of codes does not mean the PCM needs to be replaced. Also the car may still start, but you may get false codes.