phil
phil, Mechanic
Experience:  20 years experience working on various types of vehicles
17847944

new Fuel..Vent Valve Connector (part..Wiring Harness)..tank fuel pumps

My shop is telling me I need a new Fuel Tank Vent Valve ($169) and a Vent Valve Connector (part of the Wiring Harness) ($398). Drop fuel tank, replace and reinstall.

I have replaced several in tank fuel pumps over the years and have experience dropping tanks if i need too.

Is this something I can order parts for and do myslef saving hundred of dollars?

Your assistance would be most welcome.
Thanks, Terry

Hi Terry,

If you are experienced and comfortable dropping fuel tanks there is nothing special that would prevent you from doing the installation yourself. The parts should be readily available for you to purchase just as they would be for a repair shop. I am unsure of exactly where the vent valve connector is located but it should be easy to locate and match up once you have the new part in your hand.