Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

I just purchased a 2002 Bravada. Love the car. 51,000 miles.

I just purchased a 2002 Bravada. Love the car. 51,000 miles. The windshield wiper motor was shot, and the dealershp replaced it. Two other hick-ups as it is at the dealership now. Going slowly up hill, or backing up slowly, the brakes seem to catch and jug some. The other issue was , after after having the car for 5 days, I opened the hood to check the oil and the anti-freeze container was DEAD dry.....No leakage. THe last time this happened with my Explorer it was a huge job. Car is stillunder 30 day warranty. Any thoughts as I truly like this car.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
OK the brake problem could just be the front or rear calipers hanging up which is common they will either replace the calipers or the slide pins for the calipers,as for the coolant could be a small leak if it was a headgasket problem it would be overheating or running hot,they need to just pressure test the cooling system to see what is exactly going on ,the pressure test will show them
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there any other problem that the coolant problem would present. Would it not take a long time for a "small leak" to emply out the entire resevoir? It was just recently serviced an it was as dry as a drum. Also, I have heard good things about this Bravado, any opinions.....Oh, do I only get one question? Hope not

Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Well if it was just serviced maybe they did not fill the resevoir ,also could be there was not the right amount of coolant when the last coolant service was done and it sucked it out of the overflow the pressure test will make sure there is no leaks ,yes heard some good some bad just like every other car ,the one thing you need to keep up with is the transmission maintance they tend to break down premature if not taken care of correctly all in all its a good little suv