Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

1993 Seville: air conditioning..cold air for about 15min..get cool air

My 1993 Seville air conditioning will work then cut off cold air for about 15min, then i get cool air again.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 7 years ago.
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer.

Roger there are a couple of things that normally causes this type of problem. The first is when the system is low on freon, the cooling can come and go. The next is an evaporator freezing up. Normally if the evaporator freezes up the sound of the fan will change a little because the ice restricts airflow. If it is freezing up normally the AC will be having trouble with regulating freon flow to the point where the evaporator freezes up. The only way to find out for sure is to have an AC tech look at it and determine the cause. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.