Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes

1987 Mitsubishi Starion: relay..I took all the bolts..blower..trick

I need to take out the ECI relay on my 1987 Mitsubishi Starion ESI. I took all the bolts out as per servive manual but can't get the blower hsgn out. Is there a trick I don't know about. It moves a little but won't come down.

Wow, It has been a while since I have seen one of those. One thing about this site, it takes you back some times. I saw your question last night and had to sleep on it. I figured if it was here in the a.m. I would tackle it.

I had two thoughts, first, I could nor remember if you dropped the ECU if there was an access hole so the relay could be reached from behind, and second, I attached the diagrams I prepared from last night. I would hope that maybe these show the hidden nits and bolts {see circled}

Let me know if this helped, if not, I will opt out and we can see if any other ideas pop up from others.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks I found the nut I missed but still couldn't get it out. I managed to get the screw out that holds the relay(what a job). I think the fuel pump is bad because I get no fuel and the pump makes no noise. I got my hands on a MD998451/MD998452 tester and harness now all I have to do learn to use it. Thanks

Not a problem. Like I said, been a while since one of those rolled through. Good luck, and if you need me again, I have all the wire diagrams that are available for your car.