Autotech Trent
Autotech Trent, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  8 years experience in automotive repair. ASE Certified in Brakes, Alignment, A/C and Electrical.

1994 isuzu AMIGO: 2WD..bearings..the axle seals will not seal

Customer Question

i have A 1994 isuzu AMIGO 2WD I purchased new rear bearings and the bearing retainers are much shorter than the originals. i am worried that the axle seals will not seal with the shorter retainers.
Category: Car
Expert:  Autotech Trent replied 7 years ago.
The bearing retainers, as in the bearing housings themselves?

Generally the parts should look the same and be the same size, unless the manufacturer has updated the part design due to a fault with the old one.

Your best bet is to call your local dealer and ask for the parts department, and ask them if the retainer has been updated to a new design. If not, I would get the part directly from them instead of an aftermarket one, if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!