rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2000 lincoln ls: v8..battery tranny light came..battery light

Customer Question

I have a 2000 lincoln ls v8, the check charging system light keeps coming on, car is bucking , I changed the battery tranny light came on along with battery light and check charging system        what do I do ?
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

You first need to have the alternator checked, the computer is not recognizing a charge being put back into the battery. If the alternator IS charging, then you need to have the computer scanned to find any possible PID faults that don't make sense. The PCM could be defective.

Thanks for your question and positive feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

a wire from the starter was causing the problem, car only has 78000 on it for it to be alternator, as per exxon mechanic.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

Then he's stating that only certain things can fail at 78000 miles such as wining but not components?

Thanks again for your support and positive feedback,