JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Auto Sercive Tech
18180325

How do I remove the alternator from a Honda Pilot?

How do I remove the alternator from a 05 Honda pilot?

Category: Car
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.

Here are the steps below to remove and install the alternator

Alternator Replacement

1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, and then write down the customer's radio station presets.
  2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, and then disconnect the positive cable.
  3. Remove the intake manifold cover.
  4. Remove the drive belt.

1. Remove the harness clamp (A), and then remove the bracket (B).
    2. Disconnect the alternator connector (C) and the BLK wire (D) from the alternator.

1. Remove the mounting bolt (A) and alternator bracket mounting bolt (B), and then remove the alternator.
    2. Install the alternator and drive belt in the reverse order of removal. NOTE: For belt routing, see the Charging System Component Location Index.
    3. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, and then connect the negative cable.
    4. Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system.
    5. Enter the customer's radio station presets, and set the clock.
    6. Does the power window control unit reset procedure?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have done everything you have stated it on your response, how can I pull out the alternator out to the surface, it doesn't have too much space to do it.

Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.

If you have done all the steps and the alternator is loose then you will have to work it out of the small space because they do not give much room to remove it. But if the alternator is completely loose then you should be able to work it out.

JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Auto Sercive Tech