natet29, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified, five years experience

infiniti fx45: new one..enough room..compartment..plastic housing

Customer Question

i just took the battery out of my infiniti fx45. i suspect it is not supposed to be that hard and I fear the new one will be just as difficult to install. there just doesn't seem to be enough room in the compartment, even after you take off that plastic housing (I did figure that one out). I was successful in moving the fuse box and the positive cable assebly aside a little (to the extent the attached wiring would allow -- couldn't figure out how to detach any of them), then i finally tied a rope around the battery to get enough leverage so I could squeeze it out.

There's got to be some kind of a trick -- anyone know it?
Category: Car
Expert:  natet29 replied 7 years ago.
did you remove the relay box from bracket
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If you mean the thing with the fuses in it, i did take the bracket off. i didn't disconnect any wiring though because I couldn't figure out how to to that. but I did move the box aside.
Expert:  natet29 replied 7 years ago.
unfortunately sometimes there are no tricks, some things are a pain no matter how many times you do it. sorry this does not help you though it is no fun when simple things arent so simple
Expert:  natet29 replied 7 years ago.
i do not expect an accept for this answer, since i did not help you. thank you for using and we look forward to answering future questions.