Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2001 Hyundai Sonata: 4cyl..miss problem...few secs the comes back

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Hyundai Sonata 4cyl. It has a miss problem. Seems to cut out completely for a few secs the comes back. Been doing this alot lately. If, when it starts to miss like that, you put the pedal to the floor it clears up some as long as to keep it to the floor. I mean it's a bad miss, the RPM guage drops also. Only for split seconds at a time
Category: Car
Expert:  ASEtech replied 7 years ago.
IF your check engine light is on, have the codes pulled at your local parts store and get back to me.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Heres the thing. Bought it at a(now that I know the truth) shaky dealership. As is warranty. Ran fine when we bought it. 1st car for my daughter. Had it at the Hyundai dealer. They told me they ran all test that would throw the check engine light. Comes to find out, the check engine light is disconnected. Did I say shaky dealership???? Now can you help without knowing a code...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!