Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Where are the timing marks on a 2000 daewoo leganza 2.2 dohc

Customer Question

where are the timing marks on a 2000 daewoo leganza 2.2 dohc
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

hello, there are marks on the cam gears as well as crank. The procedure follows

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

CAUTION: The 2.2 DOHC is an interference engine; therfore, align the crankshaft, camshaft and timing belt as described in this service procedure to prevent damage to the engine.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

1. Disconnect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor connector.
  2. Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body.
  3. Remove the resonator retaining bolts and the resonator from the throttle body.
  4. Disconnect the breather tube from the valve cover.

1. Remove the air filter housing bolts.
  2. Remove the air filter housing.
  3. Remove the right front wheel.
  4. Remove the right front wheel well splash shield.
  5. Remove the serpentine accessory drive belt. Refer to Steering; Power Steering Pump..

1. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolts.
  2. Remove the crankshaft pulley.
  3. Remove the right engine mount bracket. Refer to Engine Mount; Service and Repair.
  4. Remove the power steering hose clamp bolt, and position the hose clear of the repair area.

1. Remove the front timing belt cover bolts.
  2. Remove the front timing belt cover.

1. Using the crankshaft gear bolt, rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the timing mark on the crankshaft gear is aligned with the notch at the bottom of the rear timing belt cover. Notice: The camshaft gears must align with the notch on the valve cover or damage to the engine could result.

1. Align the camshaft gears with the notch on the valve cover. Important: Use the intake gear mark for the intake camshaft gear and the exhaust gear mark for the exhaust camshaft gear since both gears are interchangeable.
  2. Loosen the automatic tensioner bolt. Turn the hex key tab to relieve belt tension.

1. Remove the timing belt.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Align the timing mark on the crankshaft gear with the notch on the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.

1. Align the timing marks on the camshaft gears, using the intake gear mark for the intake gear and the exhaust gear mark for the exhaust gear.

1. Install the timing belt.

1. Turn the hex-key tab in a counterclockwise direction to tension the belt. Turn until the pointer aligns with the notch.
  2. Install the automatic tensioner bolt. Tighten Tighten the timing belt automatic tensioner bolt to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.) .
  3. Rotate the crankshaft two full turns clockwise using the crankshaft gear bolt.
  4. Recheck the automatic tensioner pointer.
  5. Install the front timing belt cover.

1. Install the front timing belt cover bolts. Tighten Tighten the front timing belt cover bolts to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.) .
  2. Install the right engine mount bracket. Refer to Engine Mounts; Service and Repair.
  3. Position the power steering hose in place and install the clamp bolt. Tighten Tighten the power steering hose clamp bolt to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .
  4. Install the crankshaft pulley.

1. Install the crankshaft pulley bolts. Tighten Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolts to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.) .
  2. Install the serpentine accessory drive belt. Refer to Steering; Power Steering Pump.
  3. Install the right front wheel well splash shield.
  4. Install the right front wheel.
  5. Install the air filter housing.
  6. Install the air filter housing bolts. Tighten Tighten the air filter housing bolts to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .

1. Install the resonator and the retaining bolts. Tighten Tighten the resonator retaining bolts to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .
  2. Connect the air intake tube to the throttle body.
  3. Connect the breather tube to the valve cover.
  4. Connect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor connector.
  5. Connect the negative battery cable.