Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

How do you replace a blower motor on an 07 Pontiac G6 4 cylender??

Customer Question

How do you replace a blower motor on an '07 Pontiac G6 4 cylender??
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

The blower motor is located underneath the right side of the dash. Below are specific directions:

Removal Procedure

Remove the right closeout panel.

Remove the blower motor wire harness connector.

Then:

Important: Cut through the case as straight as possible because the motor cup must be reused. In order to prevent damage to the component, do not cut any deeper than necessary to remove the motor cup.

Cut out the blower motor using a utility knife in the narrow groove of the lower case.

Remove the blower motor.

Remove the blower motor nuts.
Remove the blower motor from the blower motor cup.

Installation Procedure

Install the new blower motor to the blower motor cup.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Install the blower motor nuts.
Tighten
Tighten the nuts to 2.4 N·m (21 lb in).

Install the motor blower seal to the blower motor ring.
Install the blower motor.
Install the blower motor attachment ring.
Install the blower motor screws.
Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.5 N·m (13 lb in).

Install the blower motor wire harness connector.
Install the right closeout panel

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! Do you know where I could find a blower motor seal/how I could reattach the cup once I have cut it open?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

I have only found the blower motor seal and attachment ring at a dealer- havent found one aftermarket yet. The attachment ring mounts the blower motor mounted in the cup to the hvac housing by being screwed to the hvac housing where I have highlighted in yellow:

graphic

Forgot to tell you, before starting this, go to your local Pontiac dealer to get the seal and attachment ring first- last one I did, I had to wait a week for the parts kit to come in