Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters
17290852

Mitsubishi montero sport: coolant and it appears to be leaking

my mitsubishi montero sport is leaking coolant and it appears to be leaking from behind the engine. What could this be?
Hello, This could be anything, Could you tell what side? Thanks Joey
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Joey,
If I am standing in front of the car it is slightly to the left side. Almost center but slightly to the left.

Thanks,

Joanna
Ok, look at heater hoses going into fire wall to cab first....see if you see small leak....even one drop.....Joey ALSO ON INTAKE OF ENGINE
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
some additional information that i can give not sure if it is related but for about a year or so when the ac is on and the car is sitting idle the temp gage will go up. sitting idle at stop light or traffic or just in park.
Ok, Does the going fan work ok ? If so sounds like you might need radiator ....Joey.......fan should stay on intire time ac is on
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do i know if the fan is on? also could this be the problem of the leak or not? Sorry if I am being a pest. Just wanting to make sure I have an idea what we should be checking.
OK,This my Job Ask Away....lol.....The fan looks like a house fan bolted to radiator sounds like house fan.....has to run all the time with your ac on....check it watch your fingers....Joey Could be reason of loss of fliud...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The fan that is behind the radiator is moving the fan in front of it is not. Just so I understand can you explain how this will affect my car leaking coolant. Leaking enough that I have to keep filling the overflow. Although just now started the car and no fluid leaking. Not sure if what I saw a little while ago was from me spilling while trying to fill the overflow again because it was bone dry but I do know that it has been leaking. Thanks again Joey.
ok, Your fans both should run with ac on, problem could be temp. sensor,relays, defective fan....this needs to be taken to auto-service center to be ran on computer scanner this is your problem , its running hot & spitting out coolant when it gets to hot at idle.....Joey