Carfix4you
Carfix4you, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Re-certified Technician, 22 yrs. Dealer and Independent Repair World Class High Performance Expe
14923590

how to change spark plugs in a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5 V

how to change spark plugs in a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5 V-6
Hello CJ, and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to answer your question fully, and the more detailed information about the problem that you can provide, the faster I can answer. Any time you have any questions, need service information, or any diagrams, please ask. I'll do my best to answer your question, yet I don't get paid until you accept. Anytime you would like another opinion, let me know. Need help on changing the passengerside plugs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
No need to remove the lower intake nor the fuel rail. I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to Just Answer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions about your initial question or need any more diagrams, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We need to know the steps to take to change the spark plugs in our 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe V6, the answer you sent does not have anything to do with changing spark plugs. Please send us a more detailed answer. Thank you ever so much
Are the coils on top of the spark plugs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they are on top of the front but not on the back
Once you get the upper manifold off, you will see plug wires with long boots on them. Pull those straight up. The plug gap is .040. The plugs with a coil over them, onbolt to coil and remove the connector. Gently lift the coil out. Reverse the procedure for installation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I totally forgot I wrote to you. I went back out and got busy with Rick as he had figured everything out on his own. Thanks much but I do not need your answer after all.

Take Care
Thank you for using freeanswer.com.