Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

1999 HYUNDAI: A NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT END WHEN I TURN MY WHEELS

I HAVE A 1999 HYUNDAI ELENTRA. I WAS WONDERING WHY THERE'S A NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT END WHEN I TURN MY WHEELS? IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE DRIVING ANY DIFFERENT. IT JUST MAKES THIS HORRIBLE SOUND WHEN I TURN MY WHEELS. DOESN'T MATTER WHICH WAY. CAN YOU HELP? ALSO, COULD YOU TELL ME THE COST IN GETTING IT FIXED?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
Ok sounds like your axles have bad outer cv joints which is the noise your having to replace teh axles should cost about 150 a side parts and labor
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If I understand you correctly, the cost would be $150.00 a side plus parts & labor. Do you know how long this should take when I take it in to be worked on? In other words, is it something that they shouldn't take all day on or have my car overnight for? Also, is there a possibility that something could break that might cause me to have an accident before I get it to the shop?

Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
No its 150 total a side which includes parts and labor its an hour a side in labor tey should not have it all day and it should be ok I have seen the outer joints snap so i would get it done as soon as yo can
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What happens if it snaps as I'm driving?
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
The car will stop and possibly damage other components including transmision