Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Isuzu trooper: tranny..clutch..1,2,3,5,and reverse gears

Is my Isuzu trooper (manual tranny) clutch in need of replacement if after recently placing transmission I've lost 1,2,3,5,and reverse gears. I have no unusual noises or behaviors,? I am fearful that something was overlooked during the repair process
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there! Can you put the truck in gear with the engine running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes I can put into any of the affected gears without stalling when I release the clutch

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
I thinnk you have a problem with the transmission. If the clutch were bad, you would not be able to put the transmission into gear with the engine running. It would grind because the clutch disengages the engine from the transmission. I would take it back where the transmission was done.