JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Auto Sercive Tech
18180325

Bump..rear tire..it possible that the entire rear axle is bent

I recently had a very small bump of my car in the rear. afterwards, I lost the ability to control the direction of the car and the back rear tire seemed out of control...is it possible that the entire rear axle is bent? or is more likely a smaller part? Just trying to get an idea on repair costs. as i mentioned, it was a very minor bump -- i could not have been going more than 5-6 mph.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2008 Pontiac Solstice. 4 cylinder

I am out of town so I have not been able to bring it to the dealership yet.

It's got about 35000 miles since I drive 100 miles to work every day

Have you checked all of the wheels to make sure none have come loose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They didn't seem to be loose. When I looked at the rear of the car, the far left side metal piece was bent, but not on the right side. Is the axle itself or a part like a trailing arm?
Its the axle on this vehicle from the description. Doesnt seem like something that should have happened. I would expect that the dealer may have a explanation of why and how this could have happened. I would think of a defective part as it should not get bent like this.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how much is a repair like this likely to cost?
Prices at the delaer will be about 250 for the axle and 0.7 hours for labor depending on how much is charged for normally 80 per hour so about 300.00 total let me know if you have further questions,