Steve, ASE Certified Parts Specialist
Experience:  30 Plus years as a mechanic and parts/paint counter/Heavy Duty, NAPA NIAT Certified.

Jetta: shifting gears..push..same problem and if i can fix it myself

Customer Question

My Jetta is having trouble sometimes shifting gears especially when i don't push on the gas hard enough. I took it in previously and they said that oil was blocking a sensor and that was keeping the car from shifting properly i was just wondering if it is the same problem and if i can fix it myself
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Is this car an Automatic transmission.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes my car is an automatic transmission
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
I would recommend that you locate a Transmission Shop that has a Motor Vac system. This is a system that will literally flush your system and refill it with new fluid. Try and contact a NAPA Store near you and have them give you the list of NAPA Auto Care centers near you and find out who has a Motor Vac Transmission System. Or Check online at then search by your zip code for an Auto Care center near you.

Hope that this helps if so please accept.