Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

bravada: 6 cyl 4.2L when i hit the gas it sounds loud

I have a 03 bravada 6 cyl 4.2L when i hit the gas it sounds loud like a honda car is that normal?

Hello!

Could you explain a bit more about the problem you are having?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i got this 2003 oldsmobile bravada 6 cyl 4.2 liter it's just that its a lil loud when i hit the gas kind of sounds like a muffler or you know what the honda racing cars sound like is that normal?

Oh... you mean that you have an exhaust leak....

Ok.. well without looking at it, I cannot tell you what part of the exhaust system will need to be replaced. However, mufflers are common but it could be other things in the exhaust system as well. Just go to a muffler shop. THey will show you whats leaking and will most likely give you the best price.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER DO U KNOW IF THATS EXPENSIVE TO FIX

TO be honest with you, it all depends on where you go to get it fixed. Usually exhaust work is not that expensive to fix.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks for your help one quick thing this morning i made a very short u-turn so i turned the wheel all the way and it stopped no lights came on or anything i just had to put the truck in parking and turn off and on again any idea?
You mean the engine stalled out on you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well at least that's what i think i made the u-turn so i turned the wheel all the way to the left and i hit the gas but it wouldn't go i didn't see any lights from the dash come on i panicked so i immediately put it on parking turn the key as if i was turning it off and turned it back on it came back on fine so i don't know why it wouldn't go when i hit the gas pedal

Well if the engine stalled then that could have caused it.

ALso, if something was binding up like a brake caliper or a U joint, that would also cause it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is that something to worry about? or was it just that something got in the way by the way i turned that wheel?

If it is not stalling all the time, then I would not worry about it.

I hope this helps. You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

Regards

AMEDEE