JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience:  12 Years First hand

I have Citroen C8. I am having probles with faulty turbo.

I have Citroen C8. I am having probles with faulty turbo.   Citroen dealer says get repaired now, local garage says wait until it blows. What additional problems could I have it turbo blows?? Should I get it fixed now??
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 7 years ago.
Does your car have an intercooler? If your turbo blows you will have huge drop in power becasue the motors compression is lowered to suport the turbo. need to know if its intercooled and does it have external waistgate?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I know nothing about cars or engines. This is a standard Citroen C8 turbo diesel. Have never heard of waistegate and don't think it is intercooled.

Basically just need to know consequences of allowing turbo to blow before I get it fixed. Will engine be destroted, cylinder head or fuel injectors ruined.?

Delaying getting it fixed will it prove to be more expensive in long run.

Sorry can't answer any better.

Expert:  JacobTD replied 7 years ago.
It will be moremspendy down the road. you would be so lucky to to have the turbine stay together when it comes apart.